Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lip Balm


I added Lip Balms to the store last night and changed the appearance to reflect upcoming Valentines day. I will be adding the lip balms to Etsy and to Shop Handmade. I used some of my yellow organic Bee's wax, Shea butter, sunflower oil, sweet almond oil, and vitamin E. I will have a variety of flavors to choose from.

Apple Candy, Black Cherry, Bramble berry, Blue Berry Delight, Bubble Gum, Red Licorice, Jolly Rancher, Wild Chery

I Also believe I have perfected my organic foaming facial wash and my foaming antibacterial Hand wash. Both are liquid soaps using potassium hydroxide to produce the liquid soap. I will be offering both of these along with a choice of lotion or creame , lip balm choice and a large bar of soap in my Valentines gift box. I am starting the second phase of the soap so I should have pics of that soon. I hope I am out of my soap rut.

I wanted to thank Anne-Marie for her post of late. They have really been inspiring. I have decided to use the vision board here at home. I may take it also to work with me (They are understand I am quirky). Just the idea of it motivated me some.

I think the holidays for the soap business can be difficult. That is the time you really want to spend with your family and just wind down. Its also for some reason the most emotionally stressful. It is also the most opportune time to take advantage of sales. I didn't prepare this Christmas but I seen all the wonderful soaps and such with all the holiday scents and themes. It all looked so wonderful. I find that most soap makers are artist and that makes for some really fabulous soaps with very unique looks and smells. Every one of you inspire me. I Hope the new year is good to us all.

No comments: